I honestly have no words after hearing about the loss of the high and mighty 'Purple One'. There is, was and never will be anyone like him!
I thought I'd share seven really cool things about one of the most elusive and talented artists of all time to make us all smile a little bit:
1. Prince wrote his first song at the age of 7. It was called, 'Funk Machine'.
2. When he was 10, he danced on stage with James Brown. "My stepdad put me on stage with him and I danced a bit until the bodyguard took me off," he shared back in 1985.
3. He rejected a deal with CBS when he was 19. They insited that Verdine White from Earth, Wind and Fire produce his first three albums. He later signed a deal with Warner Bros. that allowed him to produce his own music.
4. He put his band The Time through rigorous rehearsals to prepare for their album, but he ended up recording every single instrumental part of their album himself.
5. Other than The Beatles, Prince is the only artist to have a number one movie, album and single in the United States at the same time with "Purple Rain" and "When Doves Cry".
6. He pretty much directed all of his videos in the '80s - even if there was a director officially hired to do the job. He made the guy hired to direct the "When Doves Cry" video sit outside with a stack of magazines while the video was made.
7. Michael Jackson wrote "Bad" with the intention of singing it as a duet with Prince, but Prince wasn't comfortable with the lyrics - starting with the opening line, "Your butt is mine."
RIP to a legend...and the man who I believed (convinced myself) was my long lost twin brother:
I'm finding comfort in knowing he is now with his son, Boy Gregory who died one week after being born 😪🙏🏽
With notes and quotes from Buzzfeed.com